Friday, March 20, 2015

This Was His Stalag


Of course I knew he was a POW. He was missing the two middle fingers on his right hand and had a bullet wound entrance and exit scar on his thigh, that showed when he wore short pants.
He told me it happened when he was captured.

He never talked about it and I always thought he was a prisoner in a German Stalag....
 in Germany.
I was dead wrong, all these years, gone by!
Turns out he was being held in Poland at Stalag 334.....
The Old Stalag VIII
His number was 36131.

I wish he was around so I get some updated info. about his life, while he was a captive.
I do remember him saying, it was not that bad at all.
He spoke highly of  the German soldiers that were guarding them.
He said most were, down to earth....
 good compassionate human beings.

Lamsdorf Guards






No comments:

Post a Comment